How to Treat Diarrhoea and Dysentery with Homeopathy
Diarrhoea or Loose motions as it is commonly called is the phenomenon where the stool or feces is excreted from the body in a liquid and loose form. It is not a disease, technically, but it can be a symptom of other diseases and it lasts for only a couple of days not needing much special treatment. In Diarrhoea, a person needs to go the bathroom frequently in a single for a short span of time. This can lead to dehydration, tiredness, nausea and abdominal pains. Not to mention the discomfort which can occur when going outdoors. It is more common in small children and is one of the main causes of malnutrition in them. WHO has termed it the number one public health problem in world today which has resulted in the death of over three million children in a year.
There are a number of ways to treat Diarrhoea. One of them is getting a homeopathy treatment. There are a number of homeopathy medicines for Diarrhoea which are readily available in any homeopathic clinic.
Homeopathy Medicines for Diarrhoea
- Podophyllum or Mayapple: This is the foremost medication in cases of acute Diarrhoea. It is taken generally when there are sudden rumbling and burbling feelings in the abdomen and stomach which createurgency for bowel movement out of nowhere. The stool released is foul smelling and profuse. It is generally painless except the times between two consecutive stools in which cramping can occur sometimes.
- Arsenicum album or Arsenic: This medicine is given when food poisoning or viral fever is the cause of Diarrhoea. It becomes worse after drinking or eating and is followed by cramping, vomiting, and biliousness. Despite being exhausted the person feels restless and anxious with an illness which is intensified by cold surroundings.
- Aloe Socotrina: In the case when the stools are like jellies and full of mucus, this medicine is taken. There is a little feeling of anxiety in the rectum which may lead to the accidental release of stool right after passing gas. The rumbling and burbling in the abdomen intensify prior to the stool and the bowel movement is very violent with stool splashing out everywhere.
- Veratum album: This medication is taken when diarrhea becomes really painful and has to be excreted forcefully. Due to this work, the person becomes exhausted and experiences abundant sweating accompanied with chills and projectile vomiting in some cases.
- Chamomilla or Chamomile: All the above medicines were suitable for children and adults. Chamomile is given mainly for infants as it suits perfectly to their developing immune system. It is given when the stool foul smells and is of green color with white or yellow mucus.
Dysentery is a more serious form of Diarrhoea. Here the feces are mixed with blood and mucus and the frequency of bowel movements increase substantially in a day. It causes severe pain in the stomach and abdomen and causes the patient to feel dehydrated and tired all the time. There is inflammation in the large intestines and in some cases vomiting and fever are also experienced. Unhygienic handling of foods and carelessness in disposing of feces causes Dysentery. The bacteria which causes dysentery thrives on the infected feces and if it is not taken care of properly then a person can get affected by dysentery. Mixing of sewage and human waste with drinking water, eating contaminated food, not washing hands after using the toilet and after changing diapers are the main causes through which dysentery is spread.
Just like Diarrhoea, Dysentery can also be cured with homeopathic treatment. There are a variety of homeopathic medicines for Dysentery available in a clinic or over the counter stores also.
Homeopathy Medicine for Dysentery
- Arsenicum: It is a valuable homeopathic treatment for Dysentery. When the stool is, scanty or revealing and there is a burning sensation in the rectum followed by thirst and prostration after the stool, this medication is prescribed. The stool which is excreted is undigested, covered in blood, has a slimy and gooey texture and looks blackish-brown.
- Cantharis: If the stool is bloody, slimy and the excretion looks like the fibrous scrapings of the intestine, Cantharis is advised to the patient. There is a severe bellyache experienced by the patient and urination also causes some discomfort and pain. Due to the loss of liquids, the patient becomes dehydrated and their thirst becomes unquenchable.
- Argentum nitricum: Argentum nitricum is the perfect remedy for those people who are affected by diarrhoea and are anticipating a stressful event like a performance or a test. It fights against diarrhea in which there is a pain in the groin region, the stool is green in color, there is bloating and flatulence in the patient and symptoms occur immediately after eating or drinking food with more than usual sugar.
- Colosynthis: This homeopathy treatment is useful when diarrhoea follows anger. After using this medicine the patient feels a certain kind of relief from cramping pain in the stomach and doubling over condition from putting too much pressure on the abdomen.
- Pulsatilla: For the cases when diarrhoea occurs after the consumption of fatty and oily food, Pulsatilla is recommended. It is also a very helpful medicine for children suffering from diarrhoea. Nausea and pain in the abdomen region are likely to occur in this case with diarrhea depicting a changing appearance. The patient doesn’t feel thirsty,however, but feels a little discomfort in warm and stuffed rooms. A strong indication for pulsatilla is when the patient displays a strong need for attention, sympathy, and comforting.
Diarrhoea and Dysentery are those types of conditions which generally cures themselves if given a certain amount of days. Medicines and homeopathic treatments aid the body in fighting the parasites which cause them. There should be more focus on preventing Diarrhoea and Dysentery rather that curing. It is caused by coming in contact with contaminated food and infected people which can be avoided if proper measures are taken in order to dispose of human waste and general cleanliness is followed.